Puppet Forge has existing modules and code examples that assist with automating the following use cases:
- Base system configuration. Including registry, NTP, firewalls, services
- Manage web servers. Including apache, tomcat, IIS, nginx
- Manage database systems. Including Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Manage middleware/application systems. Including Java, WebLogic/Fusion, IBM MQ, IBM IIB, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, Redis, ElasticSearch
- Source control. Including Github, Gitlab
- Monitoring. Including Splunk, Nagios, Zabbix, Sensu, Prometheus, NewRelic, Icinga, SNMP
- Patch management. OS patching on Enterprise Linux, Debian, SLES, Ubuntu, Windows
- Linux: Puppet integrates directly with native package managers
- Windows: Use Puppet to install software directly on Windows, or integrate with Chocolatey
- Containers and cloud native. Including Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, OpenShift
- Networking. Including Cisco Catalyst, Cisco Nexus, F5, Palo Alto, Barracuda
- Secrets management. Including Hashicorp Vault, CyberArk Conjur, Azure Key Vault, Consul Data
See each module’s README for installation, usage, and code examples.
If you don’t see your use case listed above, have a look at the following list to see what else we might be able to help you with:
- Continuous integration and delivery of Puppet code. Continuous Delivery for Puppet Enterprise (PE) offers a prescriptive workflow to test and deploy Puppet code across environments. To harness the full power of PE, you need a robust system for testing and deploying your Puppet code. Continuous Delivery for PE offers prescriptive, customizable work flows and intuitive tools for Puppet code testing, deployment, and impact analysis — so you know how code changes will affect your infrastructure before you deploy them — helping you ship changes and additions with speed and confidence. For more information, see CD4PE.
- Incident remediation. If you need to minimize the risk of external attacks and data breaches by increasing your visibility into the vulnerabilities across your infrastructure, take a look at Puppet Remediate. With Remediate, you can eliminate the repetitive and error-prone steps of manual data handovers between teams. For more information, see Puppet Remediate.
- Integrate Puppet into your existing workflows. Take a look at our integrations with other technology, including Splunk and VMware vRA.