This page lists changes to the
puppet-agent package. For details about changes to components in a
puppet-agent release, follow the links to those components in the package release’s notes.
puppet-agent package’s version numbers use the format X.Y.Z, where:
- X must increase for major backward-incompatible changes
- Y may increase for backward-compatible new functionality
- Z may increase for bug fixes
puppet-agent package installs the latest version of Puppet 5.
Puppet agent 6.0.3
Released 23 October 2018.
This release contains a new feature.
- The eyaml executable of the vendored hiera-eyaml gem is now included in the
Puppet agent 6.0.2
Released 4 October 2018
This release addresses a regression bug. See the Puppet 6.0.2 release notes for information.
Puppet agent 6.0.1
Release 2 October 2018
This release contains component updates.
- Resource API was updated to 1.6.0.
augeas_coremodule was updated to 1.0.2.
- PXP agent was updated to 1.10.1.
Puppet agent 6.0.0
Released 18 September 2018
This release includes new features, a deprecation, and a bug fix.
- Boost was updated to version 1.67 in puppet-agent#master. yaml-cpp was updated to version 0.6.2. (PA-2055)
- We have updated the version of OpenSSL used in puppet-agent to version 1.1.0h. (PA-1941)
- The directory structure of Windows package installations has changed. The default installation directory is now
Drive:\Program Files\Puppet Labs\Puppet\puppet. This directory is now where Facter, pxp-agent, Hiera and Ruby are installed. (PA-1923)
- We have removed MCollective as an agent component for Puppet Platform 6, and all other related files. See Removing MCollective in the PE documentation for more information. If you use open source Puppet, we recommend that you migrate MCollective agents and filters using tools like Bolt and PuppetDB’s Puppet Query Language.(PA-1918)
- We have updated the vendored
semantic_puppetgem in the
puppet-agentpackage to the most recent version, 1.0.2. (PA-1881)