Configure SMTP for your Continuous Delivery for Puppet Enterprise (PE) installation so that users can receive email notifications from the software.
- Log into the root console by signing in as the root user or by selecting Root console from the workspaces menu at the top of the Continuous Delivery for PE navigation bar.
- Click .
- If your SMTP server requires authentication, enter the SMTP username and SMTP password in the relevant fields.
In the Send emails from this address field, enter the
sender address you want to show on Continuous Delivery for PE
Important: If this field is not specified, Continuous Delivery for PE uses the root user's email address as the sender/from address when it sends an email. In this case, the specified SMTP account must have permission to send emails from the root user's email address.
- Enter your SMTP host name and the SMTP port number in the relevant fields. Contact your email server administrator if you need help determining the correct SMTP port.
- If your server requires TLS authentication, toggle the Enable TLS switch. Only implicit TLS is supported, typically on port 465 or 25.
- Click Save settings.
To test your new SMTP configuration, generate a password reset email:
- Log out of Continuous Delivery for PE.
- On the sign-in screen, click Forgot your password?.
- Enter the email address associated with your Continuous Delivery for PE account and click Send reset instructions.
- Check your inbox for the password reset email. You can ignore the password reset instructions and keep your current password; this test just ensures Continuous Delivery for PE can send emails.
ResultsAfter configuring SMTP, Continuous Delivery for PE sends these emails:
- Password reset instructions when requested by a user.
- Password reset confirmation when a password is updated.
- Deployment approval request notifications when a deployment to a protected environment is proposed.