Configure and deploy Continuous Delivery for PE
After installing Puppet Application Manager, configure Continuous Delivery for PE and deploy the application for the first time.
In Puppet Application Manager, upload your Continuous Delivery for PE license and follow the prompts.
You’ll be guided through the process of setting up SSL certificates and checking to make sure your infrastructure meets Continuous Delivery for PE system requirements.
To configure your Continuous Delivery for PE installation click
- Enter a hostname for the Continuous Delivery for PE installation.
- Set a password for the Continuous Delivery for PE root user account.
Select where to host the webhook (for source control integration) and
local container registry (in Puppet-supported offline installs) endpoints.
- Use a Nodeport: All Kubernetes hosts listen on this NodePort and forward traffic to the appropriate endpoint.
- Use an Ingress with a hostname: The endpoint listens on ports 80 (HTTP) and 443 (HTTPS) for requests using the specified hostname.
- Configure any other settings on this page relevant to your installation, such as external databases, customized endpoints, a load balancer, or TLS certificates.
- When you've finished making any necessary changes to the configuration, click Save config. Saving your new configuration settings prompts the creation of a new Continuous Delivery for PE version.
- Click Go to new version, which redirects you to the Version history tab. The newly created version is shown in the All versions section of the page.
Monitor the new version's preflight checks. The Running
Checks indicator is shown on the screen while your system is
checked to make sure your cluster meets minimum system requirements. When the
preflight check is complete:
- If the status is Checks Failed, click
View preflights. Correct the issues and click
Re-run. Repeat this step as needed.Important: Do not move on until all preflight checks pass.
- If the status is Ready to Deploy, move on to the next step.
- If the status is Checks Failed, click View preflights. Correct the issues and click Re-run. Repeat this step as needed.
Once the version is ready to deploy, click Deploy. On
the Application tab, monitor the application for
The application's status is shown as Missing for several minutes while deployment is underway. To monitor the deployment's progress, run
kubectl get pods --watch.
When the deployment is complete, the application status changes to Ready.
https://<HOSTNAME>(using the hostname you entered on the Config screen) and sign into Continuous Delivery for PE.