The Continuous Delivery for PE installation process creates a Kubernetes cluster for you and installs the application on the cluster.
||4 (or equivalent)||
TCP: 443, 2379, 2380, 6443, 6783, 8000, 8800, and 10250
UDP: 6783 and 6784
/opt/replicatedto support the increased load on the system.
Create a DNS entry for the Continuous Delivery for PE
service. This entry is separate from the DNS entry for the host Continuous Delivery for PE is installed on.
If you decide to use a high availability architecture for your installation, this DNS entry will be pointed at a load balancer. Once installation is complete, we'll walk you through the optional process of setting up the load balancer and adding additional control plane nodes to enable high availability.
From the command line of your primary (control plane) node, run the
curl -sSL https://pup.pt/install-cd4pe | sudo bash -s ha
Tip: If the installation script fails, run the following and upload the results to the Puppet Support team:
- When prompted for a load balancer address, enter the address of the DNS entry for the Continuous Delivery for PE service that you created in step 1.
When the installation script prints the platform admin console address
and password, make a careful note of these credentials:
--- Kotsadm: http://<PLATFORM ADMIN CONSOLE ADDRESS>:8800 Login with password (will not be shown again): <PASSWORD> ---Note: If you lose this password or wish to change it, see Resetting the platform admin console password for instructions.
When the installation script is complete, run
bash -lto reload the shell.
kubectl support-bundle https://kots.ioIf you're installing as the root user, run the command directly:
Navigate to the platform admin console using the address provided by the
installation script and follow the prompts.
The platform admin console is where you manage the Continuous Delivery for PE application. You’ll be guided through the process of setting up SSL certificates, uploading a license, and checking to make sure your infrastructure meets Continuous Delivery for PE system requirements.
To configure your installation click Config.
- In the Hostname field, enter the name of the DNS entry for the Continuous Delivery for PE service that you created in step 1.
- Set up the Continuous Delivery for PE root user account: enter an email address and choose a password.
- Configure any other settings on the page relevant to your installation, such as external databases, customized endpoints, or TLS certificates.
- When you've finished making any necessary changes to the configuration, click Save config. Saving your new configuration settings prompts the creation of a new Continuous Delivery for PE version.
- Click Go to new version, which redirects you to the Version history tab. The newly created version is shown in the All versions section of the page.
Monitor the new version's preflight checks. The Running
Checks indicator is shown on the screen while your system is
checked to make sure your cluster meets minimum system requirements. When the
preflight check is complete:
- If the status is Checks Failed, click
View preflights. Correct the issues and click
Re-run. Repeat this step as needed.Important: Do not move on until all preflight checks pass.
- If the status is Ready to Deploy, move on to the next step.
- If the status is Checks Failed, click View preflights. Correct the issues and click Re-run. Repeat this step as needed.
Once the version is ready to deploy, click Deploy. On
the Application tab, monitor the application for
The application's status is shown as Missing for several minutes while deployment is underway. To monitor the deployment's progress, run
kubectl get pods --watch.
When the deployment is complete, the application status changes to Ready.
Installation is now complete! Navigate to
https://<HOSTNAME>(using the name of the DNS entry you created in step 1 and entered on the Config screen in step 4a) and sign into Continuous Delivery for PE.
- If you're upgrading to the 4.x series from a version in the 3.x series, see Migrating 3.x data to 4.x.
- If you're new to Continuous Delivery for PE, see Getting started with Continuous Delivery for PE to learn about the software's core features and workflows.
- To make sure your new installation is highly dependable and fault-tolerant, follow the instructions in Enable high availability.