Continuous Delivery for Puppet Enterprise (PE) automatically collects data about how you use the software. If you want to opt out of providing this data, you can do so when installing Continuous Delivery for PE.
Continuous Delivery for PE collects analytics data in order to better understand how our customers are using the software. For example, knowing how many control repos you manage helps us develop more realistic product testing. And learning which source control systems are the most and the least used helps us decide where to prioritize new functionality.
What data does Continuous Delivery for PE collect?
Continuous Delivery for PE collects analytics data when you use the software. No personally identifiable information is collected, and the data we collect is never used or shared outside Puppet.
- For each active user account:
Number of control repos
Number of control repo pipelines
Number of control repo pipelines with impact analysis enabled
Number of modules
The deployment policy selected for each pipeline deployment
- Configured integrations (PE and source control systems)
Progress through the initial installation and setup process
Progress through the integration configuration process (PE and source control systems)
Any personally identifiable information about a user, such as name, email address, password, or company name
User inputs such as usernames, control repo names, module names, job names, or job hardware information
Opt out of analytics data collection
Opt out of analytics data collection on the configuration settings page of the platform admin console.
- On the platform admin console, click Config.
- In the Required setup section of the page, deselect Report analytics data to Puppet.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Save config.
- When the success message appears, click Go to new version. On the Version history page, click Deploy.