Analytics data collection
Continuous Delivery for Puppet Enterprise (PE) automatically collects data about how you use the software. You can opt out of providing this data when installing Continuous Delivery for PE.
Continuous Delivery for PE collects analytics data in order to better understand how our customers use the software. For example, knowing how many control repos you manage helps us develop more realistic product testing, and learning which source control systems are most and least popular helps us decide where to prioritize new functionality.
What data does Continuous Delivery for PE collect?
Continuous Delivery for Puppet Enterprise (PE) collects analytics data when you use the software. It does not collect any personally identifiable information (PII). The data we collect is never used or shared outside Puppet, Inc..
- License UUID
- For each active user account:
- Number of control repos
- Number of control repo pipelines
- Number of control repo pipelines with impact analysis enabled
- Number of modules
- The deployment policy selected for each pipeline deployment
- Configured integrations (PE and source control systems)
- Progress through the initial installation and setup process
- Progress through the integration configuration process (PE and source control systems)
- Any PII about a user, such as name, email address, password, or company name.
- User inputs such as usernames, control repo names, module names, job names, or job hardware information.
Opt out of analytics data collection
You can opt out of Continuous Delivery for Puppet Enterprise (PE) analytics data collection on the Puppet Application Manager (PAM) configuration settings page.
- In PAM, click Config.
- In the Required setup section of the page, deselect Report analytics data to Puppet.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Save config.
- When the success message appears, click Go to new version.
- On the Version history page, click Deploy.