Today we announced the availability of our first pay-as-you-go Puppet Enterprise AMI on the AWS Marketplace. This is an exciting day for us, because we now have one more way for customers to get Puppet Enterprise, where and when they need it. The new Puppet Enterprise AMI allows you to pay only for what you consume and add additional capacity when you need it, without long-term contracts.
Many organizations already use Puppet Enterprise to manage their AWS infrastructure. We've learned many organizations also also want a more flexible option to spin up Puppet Enterprise in AWS quickly, without going through a complex procurement process or wrangling licensing agreements. After all, the reason many of our customers turn to AWS in the first place is the flexibility it offers. Customers who have an existing AWS agreement can even buy Puppet Enterprise through their existing AWS purchase agreements. For those who are new to Puppet, and just want to see how it works on AWS, this is an easy way to get started.
We wanted our pay-as-you-go AWS Marketplace image to be as easy to adopt as possible. To that end, we’ve preconfigured the Puppet Enterprise installation in the following ways:
- Puppet is pre-installed, and automatically and securely configured, while booting your EC2 instance.
- The image includes scripts to automate common tasks and configure PE to manage nodes wherever they live — on-premises, in offsite data centers, EC2, or with other cloud providers.
You can get the Puppet Enterprise AMI on the AWS Marketplace today. Give it a try and let us know what you think!
Kenaz Kwa is a senior product manager at Puppet.
- Get the Puppet Enterprise AMI on the AWS Marketplace.
- Download the AWS Node Lifecycle Management with Puppet white paper.
- Download the free ebook Cloud Portability: Why it Matters and What to Think About.