Editors note: The 2016 Sysadmin Appreciation Day GIF contest is over and submissions are closed. See the winners on the Puppet blog.
The work sysadmins and their colleagues do is extremely important and it can be frustrating, confusing, joyous — and sometimes, downright hilarious.
This Friday is System Administrator Appreciation Day and we've brought back our 4th annual (except 2015 - sorry!) GIF contest to give you an outlet to pay homage to and poke fun at your work. Plus, there are some prizes up for grabs to make the winners feel extra appreciated:
- 1st place: a GeForce GTX 1080 Founders Edition Graphics Card
- 2nd place: a gift card for a WASD custom-designed mechanical keyboard
- 3rd place: an Amazon Echo
- 4th place: a Raspberry Pi 3 complete starter kit
How can you win, you ask?
- Go to our contest page and check out some example GIFs to get ideas and see what you're up against.
- Think of a GIF and accompanying phrase that's particularly amusing or profound.
- Upload your GIF to Giphy.com, grab the URL and submit it and your info here.
- Encourage your friends and colleagues to vote for your GIF.
- Get the most votes (or the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th most votes) before the contest closes on Sunday 31 July at 11:59 p.m. PDT.
Happy (almost) Sysadmin Appreciation Day, and good luck!
Kristina Psaris-Weis is a senior content marketing manager at Puppet.