Hiscox Ltd. is a Bermuda-incorporated insurance provider, listed on the London Stock Exchange. An underwriter at Lloyd's of London, the company largely specializes in niche areas of the market, offering property and casualty insurance aimed at companies and high-net-worth individuals, as well as cover against such risks as hacking, kidnapping and satellite damage. The firm is a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
- Hiscox needed to increase the pace of change to release new products quickly into a highly competitive and fast-moving market.
- Introduced DevOps practices and automated with Puppet Enterprise.
- Reduced cost per release on a major application by 97%.
- Release cycle improved from 10 weeks per deployment to 50 deployments per week.
- Reduced time per release by 89%.
- Reduced staff required to release by 75%.
- Now builds VMware virtual machines twice as fast.