Hiscox, a publicly traded property and casualty insurance company in the UK, needed to increase the pace of change and release new products quickly in a highly competitive and fast-moving market. So Hiscox began implementing DevOps practices, with Puppet Enterprise as its automation platform.
In this case study — written by Jonathan Fletcher of Hiscox — you'll learn how the company:
- Reduced the cost of release on a major application by 97 percent.
- Improved release cycle from one deployment every 10 weeks to 50 deployments per week.
- Reduced time per release by 89 percent.
- Reduced staff required to release by 75 percent.
- Now builds VMware virtual machines twice as fast.