These are the new features, resolved issues, and deprecations in this version of Facter.
Released 14 January 2020 and shipped with Puppet Platform 6.4.5.
- This release adds support for the
fips_enabledfact on Windows. The check examines the contents of
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/System/CurrentControlSet/Control/Lsa/FipsAlgorithmPolicy/Enabled. If the returned value is 1, it means that FIPS mode is enabled. FACT-2065
- Facter can now return the new
scope6fact to display IPv6 address scope. FACT-2016
- Facter command execution now accepts a
expand. By default, Facter searches the command and expands it to absolute path. When
expandis set to false, Facter verifies whether the command is a shell command and, if so, passes the command as is. FACT-1824
- Facter incorrectly reported disabled CPU cores as physical CPU cores. Now, Facter correctly reports physical and logical CPUs and ignores disabled CPUs. FACT-1824
- In previous releases, Facter did not report
cloudfact on Azure. This issue is now fixed. FACT-2004
- In previous versions, Facter could not always determine the primary network interface on Solaris, so it sometimes failed to return any valid interface. This is now fixed. FACT-2146
- In systems using Windows Remote Desktop Services (RDS), Facter returned an incorrect operating system fact. This was due to a Windows API deprecation that caused issues in mixed 32- and 64-bit application environments, such as RDS. FACT-2096
Released 15 October 2019 and shipped with Puppet Platform 6.4.4.
Google Compute Engine's internal metadata service is deprecating the
v1beta1endpoint sometime before the end of 2019. To prepare for this, Facter now uses the
v1endpoint instead. FACT-2018
- When Facter starts a
mountpoint to get the size and available space, it causes mountpoints of
autofsto be automatically mounted, which is not the intended behavior. Automounts are now skipped by Facter when resolving mountpoints. FACT-1992
Released 16 July 2019 and shipped with Puppet Platform 6.4.3.
ReleaseID: The four-digit Windows build version, in the form
YYMM. On Windows 10-1511-x86_64, the release ID is not displayed, as is not present in the registry.
InstallationType: Differentiates Server, Server Core, Client (Desktop):
EditionID: Server or Desktop Edition variant:
ProductName: Textual Product Name.
- This release fixes an issue with Facter gem installation errors, which occurred because Facter was pinned to Ruby 2.1.7. The pinned Ruby version is now 2.1. FACT-1918
- Prior to this release, Facter
returned warnings if
ip route showoutput was not in a key-value format. Because this format does not apply to all configurations, Facter no longer returns warnings about it. FACT-1916
- Previously, the
mountpointfact showed only temporary file systems and physical mounts. Now Facter returns mount points for all mounts on the system. FACT-1910
- This release adds support for Virtuzzo Linux facts. FACT-1888
Released 16 April 2019 and shipped with Puppet Platform 6.4.1.
This release adds the "Facter.reset" method to Java bindings to enable running Bolt under JRuby. FACT-1914
Released 26 March 2019 and shipped with Puppet Platform 6.4.0
This release fixes an issue where the
dhcpfact failed on Red Hat 8 (beta). Because Red Hat 8 is a beta version, not all functions are verified to work correctly. FACT-1906