The status API allows you to check the health of PE components and services. It can be useful for automated monitoring of your infrastructure, removing unhealthy service instances from a load-balanced pool, checking configuration values, or troubleshooting issues in PE.
There are four API endpoints that each contain different services on their unique port. You can check the overall health of all services within a given port, or the details of an individual service on a port.
- Console-services status API on port 4433
- Returns status details about the activity service, the classifier, and RBAC.
- Puppet Server status API on port 8140
- Returns status details about Code Manager, file sync client, file sync storage, and Puppet Server.
- Orchestrator status API on port 8143
- Returns status details about the orchestrator, PCP broker, and PCP broker v2.
- PuppetDB status API on port 8081
- Returns status details about PuppetDB.
The endpoints provide overview health information in an overall healthy/error/unknown status field, and fine-detail information such as the availability of the database, the health of other required services, or connectivity to the primary server.