The nodes from all Puppet Enterprise (PE) instances integrated with a workspace are shown on that workspace's Nodes page. This page gives you a federated view of all the nodes that your workspace deploys code to.
Enabling the Nodes page
In order to display node data, the Nodes page query service
listens on port 8888. To make this port available to your Continuous Delivery for PE instance, upgrade to version 2.0.1 or later of the
If the port is not accessible (generally because the module has not yet been
upgraded), you'll see an
Unable to connect to the query
service on http://<cd4pehost>:8888>/query message in the web UI.
Customize your node table
The Nodes page shows a list of every node from every PE instance integrated with your workspace, along with basic information about each node. You can customize your page view to display node facts that are relevant to your work.
- Node nameNote: Click the node name to view all facts for the node and a list of all available PE reports for the node.
- Time since the node's most recent PE report was generated
- Node run status for the most recent Puppet run
- The PE server the node is associated with
- The value of the
- The value of the
- In the Continuous Delivery for PE web UI, click Nodes.
- Click Columns +/- to open the column selector.
- To add a new column, search for the fact value you wish to view and click Add. The fact value appears in the list of columns.
- To determine which columns are shown or hidden, use the checkmarks next to the list of columns to indicate which columns you want to display.
- When your column list is ready, click Apply. Your changes are reflected in the table.
Save custom node table views
Once you've customized the node table by using columns and filters to show the node information that's most relevant to your work, you can save your customized view for later reference. Saved views are automatically shared with all members of your workspace, and each member can create a list of personal favorite views for quick access.
- Create a custom version of the node table by customizing the displayed columns and applying filters.
- Click Save View and select Save as new to create a new saved view.
Enter a name and optional description for the view.
Every saved view is added to the library of saved views created by everyone in your workspace, and all members of your workspace are able to see and use them.
Designate this saved view as one of your favorites.
Marking a saved view as a favorite prioritizes that view when you visit the library of saved views, and adds it to the list of favorite views available at the top of the node table. Each user in your workspace has their own personal list of favorite saved views.
- Click Save.
You're directed to the Saved views page, where all saved
views created by members of your workspace are listed. Use the controls in the
Actions column to manage your saved views and
- To add a saved view to your list of favorites, click the open star icon .
- To remove a saved view from your list of favorites, click the closed star icon .
- To delete a saved view that you created, click the trash can icon . Tip: Remember, saved views are shared with all other members of your workspace, so check with your colleagues before deleting a saved view that may be used by others.
Click any view's name to return to return to the node table with that view
From the node table, switch between views by clicking on the name of the view at the top of the table. A menu of your favorite views and other saved views opens. From this menu, click Show all saved views to return to the Saved views page.