Add job hardware capabilities
Job hardware servers are organized by capabilities in Continuous Delivery for PE. A capability is a tag that indicates what type of jobs can run on that job hardware server. If you're managing a large fleet of job hardware servers, use capabilities to distribute the testing load.
- Operating systems
- Organizational designations, such as dev-team-philly-testing
- Puppet testing resources, such as onceover or Puppet Development Kit
- In the Continuous Delivery for PE web UI, click Hardware.
- To create a new capability, click + Add capability. Give your new capability a name.
Next, assign job hardware servers to the capability. Select the PE instance that manages the node you've selected
as job hardware. Then, select the nodes you wish to assign to the
The selected nodes are added to the Hardware with this capability list on the right.
- When you've selected all the nodes you want to assign to the capability, click Save.