New Virtual Course: Puppet Essentials for Windows
Are you looking to incorporate Windows systems into your Puppet infrastructure? We’re excited to bring you our very first virtual class, Puppet Essentials for Windows.
The live, instructor-led format means you get the same quality and personalized instruction of our on-site courses, from wherever you live or work. Through a mix of lecture, hands-on exercises and focused homework, you’ll discover best practices for using Puppet in a Windows or blended environment.
##What to expect##
Puppet Essentials for Windows is divided into three 3-hour live virtual sessions, via GoToTraining. You’ll learn how to:
- Set up a Puppet Agent on a Windows box
- Install and run Puppet on Windows
- Create modules with Geppetto, and use Geppetto to write Puppet manifests
- Save time with pre-written Puppet Forge modules
##Sign up for an October course##
Take the class from the comfort of your home or office — and choose from two class offerings next month:
Not able to make these days/times? Check our class page, where we’ll add new course dates as we have them.
We want you to get the most out of this course, so please make sure that you meet the following prerequisites:
- Have a strong understanding of the Windows operating system
- Have already completed Puppet Fundamentals or have more than six months of hands-on Puppet experience.
If this course doesn’t sound quite right for you, see our other training offerings.
- Sign up to attend our webinar on Sept. 16: Controlling Windows Permissions with the Access Control List Module.
- Listen to a podcast on Puppet for Windows Sysadmins.
- Try the Learning VM, which includes fun quests to help you learn Puppet at your own pace.