Automation, automation, automation. Yes, we talk about it a lot here at Puppet Labs, and yes, we make IT automation software. But we wouldn't be in this business if we didn't believe that sysadmins have much better things to do with their time than repeat the same basic tasks over and over again, or put out fires that could have easily been avoided.
That's why we're sharing our new handbook, Five Things To Automate with Puppet Enterprise. Each chapter tells you in detail how to use one of our Puppet Enterprise supported modules from the Forge to automate something you probably do pretty frequently:
- Manage your Apache web servers.
- Install and configure MySQL, and manage MySQL resources such as databases, users and grants.
- Install, configure and run NTP across a range of operating systems and distributions.
- Install and configure PostgreSQL, and manage PostgreSQL resources such as databases, roles and grants.
- Manage your Windows registry.
Go ahead — pour yourself a fresh cup of coffee, and head on over to Five Things To Automate with Puppet Enterprise. You'll be glad you did.