IT Leaders: A track for you at PuppetConf 2017
PuppetConf 2017 is fast approaching, and we have some exciting updates to share. Block out your calendar for 10–12 October in San Francisco, and register by 10 August to receive the 20 percent discount for early birds.
IT Leader track
PuppetConf offers awesome keynotes, sessions (and so much more!) for practitioners — but don’t forget to invite the IT leaders in your organization. For the third consecutive year, PuppetConf will feature an IT Leader track focused on emerging trends in IT, plus real-world stories of digital transformation, the future of DevOps, security and compliance, and journeys to the cloud. The IT Leader track is ideal for executives, managers and other people responsible for leading transformations within their organizations.
A lineup of expert presenters and panelists will cover:
- How organizations are enabling digital transformation.
- Successes and lessons learned from organizations that have adopted DevOps practices.
- Approaches to ensuring security and compliance without sacrificing agility.
- Strategies for moving to the cloud, achieving portability, and shifting to microservices.
- Practical tips for CIOs and IT leaders seeking to build high-impact teams.
Learn more, and check out the IT Leader track's agenda: https://puppet.com/puppetconf/it-leader-track.
Today we can give you a sneak peek at a handful of PuppetConf keynote speakers, including:
- Michael Lopp - Author of randsinrepose and vice president of engineering at Slack
- Sanjay Mirchandani - CEO of Puppet
- Omri Gazitt - Chief product officer at Puppet
- Padmashree Koneti - Senior director of products and chief of staff at Puppet
Additional keynote speakers will be announced in the coming weeks, both here on the blog and at @puppetize.
New birds-of-a-feather discussion sessions
Look forward to attending 50-plus awesome presentations on automation for Windows; fostering a DevOps culture; getting started with Puppet; going deeper with Puppet; moving to the cloud and containers; the path to continuous delivery; and our NEW birds-of-a-feather (BoF) sessions!
In the BoF discussion sessions, you'll get dedicated time to talk with other Puppet users about topics relevant to your own work or your type of Puppet installation. BoF sessions will be held 4:30–5:15 p.m. on Wednesday 11 October. Have suggestions for topics you'd like us to include? Let us know in the #puppetconf room of the Puppet Community Slack. We'll announce the list of discussion sessions in September, based on your suggestions.
Training classes: level up on Puppet Enterprise
If you've been meaning to ramp up on Puppet, now's the time. We’re hosting a number of Puppet-led training classes, and you get a discounted ticket to PuppetConf 2017 when you sign up. Get hands-on training with Puppet, then attend the conference to learn from experts and thought leaders, network with the Puppet community, and take part in the most exciting, information-packed IT automation event of the year. We offer a variety of Puppet trainings that cater to both beginners and professionals looking to advance their Puppet skills. Check out the class curriculum and register today for any of these courses, plus your PuppetConf ticket:
PuppetConf week is jam-packed with opportunities to learn, further improve your Puppet game, and socialize. Here are a few more highlights to look forward to:
- Women’s Lunch. All self-identified women attending PuppetConf 2017 are invited to the Women's Lunch. Join us to chat, network, and share a meal. After lunch, join us in the exhibit hall for dessert, where you can check out Puppet Test Pilots, watch Puppet demos, visit the Puppet Walk-up Clinic, chat with our awesome sponsors, and more. (Here's where you can check out all the networking and entertainment events at PuppetConf: https://puppet.com/puppetconf/networking.)
- Puppet Contributor Summit. This one-day event on 10 October is for the Puppet community to hack on projects, fix bugs, contribute to documentation and discuss Puppet with other community members. It's a great way to start off PuppetConf, and it's free! To attend, you must pre-register for the Contributor Summit when you register for PuppetConf. Places are limited, so please register soon and select this option. (If you’ve already registered for the main event and didn’t select the Contributor + PuppetConf ticket, email email@example.com and we'll help you add it on.)
- Puppet certification. If you've been thinking about pursuing or renewing your Puppet certification, but haven't had time to figure out when and where, then this is a great time to do it. Earning a Puppet certification is one of the best ways to validate what you know about Puppet technologies and distinguish yourself in the Puppet community. Exams are normally $200, but will be free at PuppetConf 2017 for a limited number of participants. For more information, complete this interest form. Do it now — plenty of people will want one of these free certification spots.
PuppetConf also gives you the opportunity to meet people from our sponsoring companies, and learn from them, too! This year's sponsors include Arista Networks, Atlassian, CloudPassage, Column Technologies, CyberArk, Datadog, Dell EMC, example42 GmbH, F5, Fishtech, Nutanix, Onyx Point, PagerDuty, Praecipio Consulting, Presidio, Red Hat, Sensu Inc., Splunk, VictorOps , VMware, Zivra and more. Want your organization to sponsor PuppetConf? It's certainly a great opportunity to make your org visible to IT leaders and practitioners. Sponsorship sales close 31 August, so check out our programs, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
With so much to do and learn, we know you’ll have a great experience at PuppetConf 2017. You can even start building your own custom online agenda here: https://puppet.com/puppetconf/agenda And it's not too late to get the early bird discount. Register by 10 August, and you'll save 20 percent.
Lisa Gregory is the PuppetConf event manager and director of strategic events at Puppet.
- Register by 10 August to save 20 percent on your PuppetConf ticket.
- Need to convince your boss why you must attend PuppetConf 2017? Use this letter — it has a proven track record of convincing bosses around the world.
- Location and travel information. Stay at the conference hotel, Hilton San Francisco Union Square. Book early — we always sell out.
- Follow PuppetConf on Twitter to get updates: @puppetconf.