Have you ever wanted or struggled to adopt continuous delivery for your infrastructure code so you can deliver changes faster and more reliably? Or wished your Dev and Ops teams had a standard way to continuously deliver both applications and infrastructure?
You’re not alone, and we heard you.
Since we joined Puppet and released Puppet Pipelines™ for Applications and Containers we had a hunch that technology — a simple way to create continuous delivery pipelines and automate application deployments — would be just as useful for teams deploying infrastructure code. So we talked with our customers (thank you!), and they encouraged us to build it.
Meet Continuous Delivery for Puppet Enterprise
Today we’d like to introduce you to Continuous Delivery for Puppet Enterprise, our new product that simplifies continuous delivery for infrastructure as code, and unifies silos across your Dev and Ops teams.
What can you do with Continuous Delivery for Puppet Enterprise?
- Visually create continuous delivery pipelines for your infrastructure code in minutes and automatically promote that infrastructure code across environments based on approval workflows and criteria you set.
- Automate the way you build and test changes to control repos and modules, so you can deliver infrastructure changes faster and with more confidence.
- Get full visibility into changes with activity histories and audit trails.
- Stagger deployments and execute rolling updates across your infrastructure, to control how changes are deployed and reduce risk when deploying changes across thousands of devices.
- Visualize module dependencies across your infrastructure environment to identify potential issues before they are deployed, improve change success rate, and troubleshoot faster.
See Continuous Delivery for PE in action
[Editor's Note: 11 June 2018:] Now that Continuous Delivery for PE is generally available, take a look at this quick walkthrough video.
A simpler continuous delivery practice for infrastructure
Continuous delivery and automation aren’t just for certain teams or certain pieces of the software delivery lifecycle. The more you standardize and scale them throughout your organization, the more benefits you’ll see in the speed and quality of your software — and the happiness of your team and customers. Increasing the speed and ease of automating infrastructure configuration management helps teams adapt to future business challenges and IT complexity.
Continuous Delivery for Puppet Enterprise brings a single continuous integration and delivery tool, specialized for infrastructure as code. It will be available in early June for Puppet Enterprise customers.
See what Continuous Delivery for Puppet Enterprise can do
Sign up to request an early preview of Continuous Delivery for Puppet Enterprise. You’ll be able to experience for yourself the simpler continuous delivery practice for infrastructure as well as learn more about how it integrates into Puppet Enterprise.
The full version of Continuous Delivery for Puppet Enterprise will be generally available in June.
Rahul Singh is a vice president of engineering at Puppet.