- To scale their cloud environment at the rate customers’ businesses demand, the Splunk® Cloud operations team needed to move to a deterministic, configuration-driven automation model that removed inconsistency and drift. This ensured a more consistent operating model and also improved the end-user customer experience.
- “Puppet helped us achieve automation at scale by managing the environment, preventing drift, and making changes easy to deploy across the entire fleet regardless of size. It keeps the environment consistent and in the intended state,” said Chris Vervais, Director, Site Reliability Engineering at Splunk.
- More efficient management of customer environments with greater consistency
- Ability to quickly scale and deploy changes across the entire fleet regardless of size
- Provisioning of new customer environments in minutes instead of days
We want to make sure we scale efficiently as we scale our customer base— with Puppet we can do that. We can focus on the larger picture, and drive more scalability. We’re not mired down in toil work doing rote, repetitive, error-prone tasks. We’re focused on both the high-value problems we solve at Splunk and we solve for our customers.
Top outcomes of using Puppet Enterprise
- Scaled faster to thousands of nodes while ensuring consistency across environments
- Rolled out a global change to all customers in a couple of hours, as opposed to several weeks
- Cut down on mean time to repair (MTTR)