Top outcomes of using Puppet Enterprise
- Fast remediation of security vulnerabilities. The team was able to deal with Heartbleed, a high-severity security vulnerability, very quickly across hundreds of machines. Before Puppet Enterprise, it would have required significantly more time to remediate a similar high-severity issue.
- Much easier compliance with PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard) and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- Free up system engineers’ time by automating pre-build, post-build and integration of applications, thus accelerating the company’s transition to the cloud.
- Greater visibility into system variances, plus automated remediation of configuration drift.
- Automation with scripts built in house
- Hundreds of servers running Linux, AIX and Solaris
- Proving PCI and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance required a lot of manual work
Read the case study