As a user administration UI admin user, you can add new user accounts and assign them group privileges.
To add a new user:
In the main Remediate UI, click
User admin on the navigation sidebar.
The user admin login page is displayed.
- Log in with the user administration UI administrator username and password. For more information on setting the user administration UI admin user password, see Configuring Remediate.
- Select Users in the sidebar, and click Add user.
On the Add user page:
Enter a Username, and click
Important: Do not enter anything in the Required User Actions or Email Verified fields as it may prevent the user from logging in.
- On the User page for the new account, click the Credentials tab.
Enter and confirm a password in the relevant fields, and click
Reset password when you are done.
Note: The password that you enter here cannot be the same as the username, must be at least 6 characters in length, and contain:
- At least 1 upper case character.
- At least 1 lower case character.
- At least 1 special character.
Note also that when changing the password, the new password must be different from previous 4 passwords employed by the user.
- On the Groups tab, select the groups you want to add to the new account, and click Join.
- Enter a Username, and click Save.