Remediate your top vulnerabilities
The Top vulnerabilities table on the Vulnerabilities page lists the vulnerabilities that you need to address most urgently. The ranking on this table is based on a combination of risk score and number of network nodes affected.
To remediate a top vulnerability:
On the Remediate Vulnerabilities
dashboard Vulnerability overview tab, click the relevant
bar in the Top 5 common vulnerabilities chart.
Information on the selected vulnerability appears in the Vulnerabilities table.Tip: Alternatively, sort the Vulnerabilities table by Hosts affected to list the vulnerabilities affecting the greatest number of nodes in the Vulnerabilities table.
- Select the vulnerability you want to remediate in the Vulnerabilities table..
On the Vulnerability detail page, review the analysis
and remediation information that is displayed for the selected
- The Analysis section provides you with information on the nature of the vulnerability and the threat it poses.
- The Remediation section gives practical information on the remediation task you need to carry out to block the threat (where provided by your vulnerability scanner).
In the Nodes affected table, select the nodes to
which you want the remediation task to apply.
If Remediate does not have the credentials to apply a task to a node, it is not selectable in the Nodes affected table.
- Click Run Task and select the appropriate task type from the drop-down list.
- On the Configure task page, configure the task as required. Instructions on remediation for the selected vulnerability are visible on this page. Click Review Nodes when you are done.
- On the Review nodes page, ensure that all the nodes to which you want to apply the task are selected. When ready, click Select credentials.
- On the Select credentials page, select the credentials that allow you to run the task on the selected nodes, and click Review task summary.
On the Review and run task page, verify that the task
summary information is correct, and click Run
A confirmation message appears at the top of the page, confirming that the task type that is now running and how many nodes it affects..Note: The changes made by the task if successful will only be reflected here after your next security scan, so don’t worry if you see no updates at this point.