Remove the CIS-CAT Pro Assessor from a node
In rare cases, you might want to remove the CIS-CAT Pro Assessor from a node. For example, you can remove the assessor to exclude the node from compliance scans if the node is no longer relevant or will expire. You can also remove the assessor if the node has issues that are causing the assessor to malfunction.
To remove the assessor:
Declassify the node by taking the following actions:
- In the Puppet Enterprise console, click Node groups.
- Select the node group where the node is classified with a Comply class.
- If the node is pinned to a rule, click the Rules
tab. Select the node name and click Unpin. If the
node is not pinned to a rule, remove the class from the entire node
group by clicking the Classes tab. Then, select
scanner_sourceparameter and click Remove.
On the command line of the node where the assessor is installed, run the
On a Linux operating system, run the following command:
rm -rf /opt/puppetlabs/comply/On a Microsoft Windows operating system, run the following command:
Remove-Item –path C:\ProgramData\PuppetLabs\comply –recurse
- Update the facts in Puppet Enterprise by running Puppet.
Retrieve the latest inventory from Puppet Enterprise by
taking the following actions:
- In Comply, click Settings.
- Click Refresh data.