As you kick off 2017, be sure to save the date for PuppetConf 2017, taking place 10-12 October in San Francisco, California. That’s right, we’re headed back to San Francisco and will be hosting the event at the newly remodeled Hilton San Francisco Union Square.
PuppetConf 2017 is the perfect place to improve your skills. Learn how to deploy software faster, increase productivity and align IT with your organization's business strategy.
Use the "Dear Boss" letter you'll find below to convince management that the trip to San Francisco is well worth the time and investment. Thought leaders, managers and practitioners in this growing and thriving ecosystem will all be there. Here’s the schedule of events:
- 8-10 October: Pre-conference Training. Get your certification and receive training to help you reach the next level. (PuppetConf is included when you register for a training ticket. Registration will open soon.)
- 10 October: Puppet Contributor Summit. Join new and existing contributors to the Puppet ecosystem for a collaborative hack day. (Selected the PuppetConf + Contributor Summit ticket to attend. Pre-registration is required. No additional charge.)
- 10-12 October: PuppetConf 2017. The main event! Attend track sessions that will cover the topics and trends you care most about: DevOps, future infrastructure, security and compliance, cloud management, continuous delivery, application release automation and more. Don’t miss keynotes, demos, exhibits, parties and a chance to meet some of the greatest thinkers in IT today. Plus you’ll get the chance to meet and talk with the people behind the technology, and get hands-on training from experts.
Register now: Ensure you receive the best price on your conference pass — save 40 percent!
Become a speaker: The call for papers will open 28 February. Mark your calendar and join our mailing list to be notified.
Become a sponsor: Interested in becoming a sponsor of PuppetConf 2017? Multiple sponsorship opportunities will be made available soon. Learn more and connect with Lisa Gregory, our director of strategic events.
Need to convince your boss why you must be at PuppetConf? Use this letter. It has a proven track record of convincing bosses around the world.
Subject line: Why [your company] should send me to PuppetConf 2017
Dear [boss' name],
Automating IT has become critical to business strategy. For [your company] to stay competitive, we need to continually educate ourselves on the latest IT innovations that will boost our productivity and let us respond to business needs more quickly.
PuppetConf 2017 is the must-attend IT automation event of the year, and it’s taking place 10-12 October in San Francisco, California. The best minds in technology will be there, discussing leading-edge thinking in DevOps, future infrastructure, security and compliance, cloud management, continuous delivery, application release automation and more. At PuppetConf, I’ll have access to:
- Educational sessions and hands-on experience. With two days of keynotes, presentations and hands-on labs, I’ll learn how professionals from other organizations are using Puppet technologies to deliver business results faster, with better quality and greater efficiency.
- Product research and analysis. The Exhibitor Pavilion will give me access to 35-plus IT vendors sponsoring PuppetConf, a great opportunity to see what’s available now. I’ll be able to choose from sessions led by IT experts on new tools, methods and strategies that could help our company gain a competitive advantage.
- Networking with industry experts. More than 1,300 sysadmins, architects, engineers, developers and IT managers will convene at PuppetConf. Informal discussions between these professionals offer excellent opportunities to learn how other people are solving difficult IT problems. More than 130 Puppet employees will also be on hand to answer questions and offer insight into future product development. I’ll have a better chance than anywhere else to network with and learn from people who know Puppet.
- Official in-person training courses. Puppet offers a wide selection of training and education courses at the conference. Registration for each training class includes a ticket to PuppetConf.
- Contribute to Puppet code. The Contributor Summit is a free one-day event for all attendees, offering me the opportunity to meet community developers and work on my choice of projects, documentation, Puppet Forge modules and more — with expert help and advice right there on tap.
Costs for attending PuppetConf
The current PuppetConf price is always on display at puppetconf.com. Discounts are available, some as high as 40 percent, and the best discounts are available further ahead of the event.
Hotel: $309 per night (plus taxes) at the Hilton Union Square. Most meals are included with my conference ticket.
With all that I can learn and bring back to [your company], PuppetConf is a worthwhile investment that will deliver solid returns for our business. You can learn more about PuppetConf and the benefits it offers here.
Thanks for taking the time to consider my request,
Lisa Gregory is the director of strategic events at Puppet.
- Video: Mike Wittig of Nike presents "Digital transformation: How IT Transformed Nike’s Business" at PuppetConf 2016.
- Video: Kelsey Hightower of Google presents "Kubernetes for Sysadmins" at PuppetConf 2016.
- Video: Grace Andrews & Jeremy Adams of Puppet present "Up and Running With Puppet Enterprise in 45 Minutes or Less!" at PuppetConf 2016.