Announcing Puppet Enterprise in AWS OpsWorks
Today Amazon Web Services announced AWS OpsWorks for Puppet Enterprise. OpsWorks has seen a lot of demand for a Puppet Enterprise offering and we’ve been working closely with the OpsWorks team to meet that demand. (Not familiar with OpsWorks? It’s a cloud-based configuration management service that enables enterprises to automate the management of their cloud infrastructure running on AWS.)
With OpsWorks for Puppet Enterprise, you can use the same configurations to manage both your on-premises and cloud infrastructure, accelerating migration to the cloud and increasing your ability to efficiently scale your operations in a hybrid environment.
AWS OpsWorks for Puppet Enterprise is a fully managed service hosted on AWS. All you need is an AWS account, and with just a couple of clicks, you can have Puppet Enterprise up and running on AWS in under 10 minutes.
Here are some of the benefits:
- OpsWorks automatically handles software updates to the Puppet Enterprise master.
- You can specify maintenance windows for routine maintenance.
- Backup and restore capabilities give you the flexibility to migrate Puppet masters across virtual machines so recovery from outages is automatic.
- Managing your Puppet Enterprise server is easy through the Puppet Enterprise console (GUI), AWS Management Console, and the AWS Command Line Interface (CLI).
- Flexible consumption-based hourly billing.
- Workflows tailored to the cloud make it easy to bring your cloud resources under management. Register nodes without signing certificate signing requests on the Puppet master. The connection to the module code repository is established as part of the provisioning process. And, if you don't have an existing code repo, we provide an AWS-managed source control repository to securely store your infrastructure code.
Together with AWS, we’re thrilled to bring this new offering to organizations looking to rapidly move to the cloud. To get started, check out the AWS OpsWorks for Puppet Enterprise page.
AJ Johnson is director of engineering at Puppet.
- Learn more about our AWS solutions
- Get started with AWS OpsWorks for Puppet Enterprise
- Get Puppet Enterprise from the AWS Marketplace
- Read Puppet on AWS: Driving Speed and Simplicity on the Cloud
- Get the free ebook Simplify AWS Automation with Puppet