Puppet Enterprise (PE) helps you be productive, agile, and collaborative while managing your IT infrastructure. PE combines a model-driven approach with imperative task execution so you can effectively manage hybrid infrastructure across its entire lifecycle. PE provides the common language that all teams in an IT organization can use to successfully adopt practices such as version control, code review, automated testing, continuous integration, and automated deployment.
|Helpful Puppet Enterprise docs links||Other useful places|
- Before you upgrade or install
- Release notes - What's new, what's removed, what's resolved.
- System requirements - For hardware, software, browsers.
- What gets installed and where?
- System configuration - Set up the network, firewall, and ports.
- Administer and maintain PE
- Configuring and tuning PE - Improve performance and scale up.
- User permissions and roles - Manage access with role-based access control.
- SSL and certificates - Manage and regenerate security certificates.
- Backing up and restoring PE - Prepare for and recover from the worst case scenario.
- Learn the basics
- Getting started for Linux, for Windows - Walk through installing and doing basic operations with PE.
- Accessing the console - Find PE's management tools in the console.
- Inspecting your infrastructure - See what PE knows about your infrastructure.
- Manage your IT infrastructure
- Managing nodes - Use classification, groups, and environments to make changes to your infrastructure.
- Roles and profiles - Build a reliable, configurable, refactorable system for your infrastructure.
- Application orchestration - Create and manage multi-service and multi-node applications.
- Running jobs and tasks - Make controlled, on-demand changes.
- Managing and deploying Puppet code - Use Code Manager to stage, commit, and sync code changes to environments and modules
- api_index.html - A list of links to documentation for PE and Puppet APIs
- PE docs in other languages
- Japanese (日本語)
- Docs for related Puppet products
- Open source Puppet
- Continuous Delivery for Puppet Enterprise
- Puppet Development Kit
- Why and how people are using PE
- Read recent blog posts about Puppet Enterprise
- Find PE product information
- Download and try Puppet Enterprise on 10 nodes for free
- Learn PE and Puppet
- Learn at your own pace on a VM
- Plan your skills-building path with our learning roadmap
- Find an online, in-person or self-paced class
- Get certified
- Get support
- Search the Support portal and knowledge base
- Find out which PE versions are supported, and for how long
- Upgrade your support plan
- Share and contribute
- Engage with the Puppet community
- Puppet Forge - Find modules you can use, and contribute modules you've made to the community
- Open source projects from Puppet on Github
To send us feedback or let us know about a docs error, open a ticket (you need a Jira account) or email the docs team.