The Puppet Learning VM is an interactive tutorial and learning environment to get you started with Puppet or level up the skills you already have. Explore the technology in depth with a series of detailed multi-step quests. Working through the Puppet Enterprise console GUI and Linux command-line, you’ll learn the building block concepts of Puppet such as resources, manifests, classes and modules, then move on to more advanced topics including defined resource types and the roles and profiles coding pattern.
Ready to get started?
- Complete the registration form to download the Learning VM.
- Download the zip file containing the Learning VM open virtualization archive (OVA) and setup instructions.
- Follow the steps in the instructions to import the Learning VM OVA into your virtualization software and get started with the Quest Guide.
- Internet-enabled Windows, OS X, or Linux computer with 10GB free space and a VT-x/AMD-V enabled processor.
- 4GB free memory to allocate to the virtual machine
- 2 Core 2.5 Ghz (or better) CPU with 64-bit architecture
- Up-to-date VirtualBox or VMware desktop virtualization software