- CERN needed a way to monitor daily operations and identify problems in real-time. This increased the efficiency of the team and improved their planning for future infrastructure.
- CERN uses a monitoring system for infrastructure that combines Puppet agents, Puppet servers, and PuppetDB in workflows collecting data in two source pipelines using data processing pipelines (Kafka, Logstash), analytics software (Elasticsearch), data storage (InfluxDB, HDFS), and frontend components (Grafana, Kibana, and Jupyter).
- Readable data for configuration management of 40,000 nodes
- Usable code extracted and documented from 350 catalogs per minute
- Reduced latency
Our performance is much better. We have time … to dedicate to actual things that are important, to implement [updates], to change things that we are seeing in the monitoring that are not working.
Top outcomes of using Puppet Enterprise
- Improved performance
- Optimized system services
- Updated infrastructure health reports
- Engineer time redirected to future growth