- Ambit Energy couldn’t deploy fast enough to support its rapidly growing business without considerable pain.
- Puppet Enterprise automates everything from infrastructure setup & management to application deployment.
- Deployments up to 1,200 times more frequent.
- IT team can manage 500 servers, up from 30 before Puppet.
- No maintenance windows needed.
- IT team can be more strategic.
Our DevOps guys are not developers who code in Ruby – that’s not how they solve problems. With Chef you have to write a ton of Ruby code, and you have to have the dev mindset. Because of Puppet’s resource-oriented DSL, you don’t have to think like a developer; you can just think about the state of your resources. Puppet is great for us; I can’t think of any other way we would have gone.
Top outcomes of using Puppet Enterprise
- The team deploys 30 to 40 applications to production per day, up from monthly to quarterly releases.
- Changes made to production environments so quickly that no maintenance windows necessary. Before Puppet Enterprise, multi-hour maintenance windows were a regular necessity.
- The IT team is able to manage over 500 application servers in multiple environments, up from around 30 before Puppet, with the same size team.
- Puppet’s resource-oriented DSL let’s Ambit’s IT staff think about the state of their resources; they don’t have to think like developers in order to make infrastructure changes.