- Achieve elasticity in the cloud to respond to peak seasonal demand
- Achieve stability & limit costs as the business scales
- Puppet Enterprise to automate cloud provisioning and deprovisioning, maintain consistent configurations and efficiency as the business grows.
- Automation of routine system tasks and configuration control helps 1-800-Flowers.com move to the cloud more quickly.
One of our goals is to rapidly build the whole application stack in the cloud – internal or external, or hybrid – and to tear it down and build it back again as and when you need it. How can you do all that, including the required customization, without an automation tool like Puppet?
Top outcomes of using Puppet Enterprise
- Fast remediation of security vulnerabilities. The team was able to deal with Heartbleed, a high-severity security vulnerability, very quickly across hundreds of machines. Before Puppet Enterprise, it would have required significantly more time to remediate a similar high-severity issue.
- Much easier compliance with PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard) and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- Free up system engineers’ time by automating pre-build, post-build and integration of applications, thus accelerating the company’s transition to the cloud.
- Greater visibility into system variances, plus automated remediation of configuration drift.