- Needed to scale up workloads and infrastructure efficiently and cost-effectively.
- Provisioning was too slow and held up developers’ work.
- ICE was mostly satisfied with open source Puppet, but relied on some workarounds.
Expand Puppet Enterprise use from NYSE to other systems within ICE.
- 75% of ICE’s 20,000 servers are managed by Puppet Enterprise (as of March 2016).
- Increase from 300 servers per admin to 700 servers per admin.
- Provisioning dev environments reduced from 1 or 2 days to just 21 minutes.
- No workarounds needed: Puppet Enterprise “just works.”