Learn how to quickly get started managing your infrastructure with your existing Puppet Master-agent setup. Students will learn how to describe and manage systems by constructing roles and profiles using modules from the Forge. They will use the Puppet Enterprise console and write platform discovery tools(facts), troubleshoot common Puppet errors and misconfigurations, and use native platform tooling with Puppet on several platforms.
What You Will Learn to Help You Solve Problems
- Defining infrastructure as code using composable, reusable patterns
- Evaluate, compare and use community modules.
- Defining a workflow for managing puppet code.
- Using r10k and Puppetfile to automate Puppet code deployment.
- Automating and orchestrating code deployments using dynamic environments.
- Defining composable solutions using role and profile classes.
- Using the PE Console and rules-based Classification techniques.
- Writing custom facts using different scripting languages.
- Using Hiera to store, and retrieve site-specific configuration data.
- Interpret and address common Puppet error messages.
Course Length // Cost
Training: Three (3) Days + PuppetConf 2017: Two (2) Days // $2,700.00
Who Should Attend
In this course, we expect students to have little to no experience with either Puppet Enterprise or open source Puppet and are looking to build a foundation for future growth, experience, and knowledge. The course is designed to benefit DevOps professionals with a basic understanding of core systems administration problem space.
The labs and exercises in the course draw equally upon examples relevant to the Windows and Linux/Unix OS families. Students will be provided with partial solutions, which they will then complete to arrive at working solutions.