Puppet Contributor Summit
The seventh Puppet Contributor Summit will be held on Tuesday 10 October during PuppetConf 2017.
The Puppet Contributor Summit is a one day event for the Puppet community to hack on projects, fix bugs, contribute to documentation and discuss Puppet with other community members and Puppet team members. You’ll get to immerse yourself in Puppet alongside others who understand your questions, concerns and ideas. It’s a great way to start your PuppetConf 2017 experience.
This event is for both existing and new contributors to Puppet, related projects, and modules. We would love to see the following people attend the Contributor Summit:
- People who submit pull requests and contribute code to our projects
- Community members working on related projects
- People who contribute to Puppet modules or their own modules to the Puppet Forge
- Community members who can answer a lot of questions about using Puppet
- Longtime Puppet users who are interested in doing more
If you are interested in attending, please register for the combined "PuppetConf + Contributor Summit" ticket. Pre-registration for the Contributor Summit and PuppetConf 2017 is required to attend.
8:00 am - 9:00 am – Registration
9:00 am - 9:30 am – Kickoff + State of the Community talk
9:30 am - 10:00 am – State of the platform / project developments / state of modules
10:00 am - 10:30 am – How to Contribute for Beginners
10:30 am - 11:00 am – Open Spaces Kickoff - invite others to hack / talk on specific topics
11:00 am - 12:00 pm – Open Spaces / open hacking tables
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm – Lunch
1:00 pm - 3:00 pm – Open spaces / open hacking tables
3:00 pm - 3:30 pm – Afternoon Break
3:30 pm - 5:00 pm – Lightning talks/Closing Demos - lightning talks and short talks about what projects were worked on during the event
Have you already registered? If so, here are a few things you should know.
- Hacker tables: Tables are devoted to various topics all afternoon, so bring your laptop and plan to collaborate with other people on contributions. You might even want to come prepared to work on a particular module or core Puppet component that you're interested in improving. The #puppethack channel in the Puppet Community Slack is a great place to start collaborating with others on what you’ll hack on during the event.
Open spaces/hacking tables kickoff: We'll start the open hacking period with short presentations, usually two to three minutes, about what you'll be hacking on throughout the day. Start thinking about it now and come prepared if you'd like to let others know what you want to work on or listen to others' ideas and join in at their table! Each table will have a laminated sign for writing the topic.