Linda Rising is the co-author of the book Fearless Change: Patterns for Introducing New Ideas. She's studied change management within organizations for over 20 years, and discovered 48 patterns of behavior that are associated with successful change. In this podcast, Linda covers the importance of:
- Becoming an evangelist to sell your ideas
- Making the path towards change as easy as possible to reduce fear, anxiety and embarrassment
- Strategies for reducing cognitive dissonance that comes with change
- Building a bottom-up coalition of innovators and early adopters before getting support from the top
- Dealing with resistance through listening and integrating feedback
Linda approaches both the strategic and tactical sides of bringing about change to an organization, and her insights feel particularly germane for building cross-functional teams and work groups.
- Did you catch our last conversation? Derek Austin shares practical advice for launching a continuous delivery initiative.
- See video interviews from Getty Images, HP, Stanford University and more.