Update a user
From time to time you might need to change a user’s password, or update the groups assigned to their account.
To update a user account:
In the main Remediate UI, click
User admin on the navigation sidebar.
The user admin login page is displayed.
- Log in with the user administration UI administrator username and password. For more information on setting the user administration UI admin user password, see Configuring Remediate.
- Select Users in the sidebar, and click Edit on the row assigned to the user account you want to edit.
Make changes on the relevant tabs in the User page for the
Important: Do not enter anything in the Required User Actions or Email Verified fields as it may prevent the user from logging in.Note: The password that you enter here cannot be the same as the username, must be at least 6 characters in length, and contain:
- At least 1 upper case character.
- At least 1 lower case character.
- At least 1 special character.
Note also that when changing the password, the new password must be different from previous 4 passwords employed by the user.