The Nodes overview tab on the Vulnerabilities Dashboard displays information on the nodes affected by vulnerabilities on your network.
The Key Statistics area on this tab, provides information on:
- The number of accessible nodes with and without vulnerabilities.
- The total number of inaccessible nodes. In other words, the total number of nodes that Puppet Remediate does not have access credentials for.
- The number of nodes that have vulnerabilities that are deemed to be critical.
The Vulnerable Nodes by OS chart shows the nodes on your network affected by vulnerabilities listed by the top 5 operating systems affected. Click on a bar in this diagram to list all nodes using the selected operating system in the Nodes table below.
The Nodes with vulnerabilities diagram breaks down the percentage of nodes on your network that are affected by vulnerabilities by accessibility. Mouse over each section in the ring to see more information on the number of nodes with vulnerabilities in each accessibility type. Click on a section to list nodes by accessibility type in the Nodes table below.
Each row of the Nodes table provides:
- The resource name of the node on the network.
- The number of vulnerabilities affecting the node.
- IP address.
- Operating system name and version.
- The version of Puppet running on the node.
- The infrastructure source type.
- The node's uptime.
- The date and time a scan was last initiated on the node.
Click the export icon to export the Nodes table data in CSV format. Filter by node accessibility by using the filter option menu. If you need to filter by column, click Create Filter and select the appropriate column, choose the required operator, and add the value you want to search for.
Sort by clicking on the appropriate column header. You can also choose which columns are displayed and which are hidden from the Columns drop-down menu.
Clicking the resource name entry for a node takes you to the Attribute tab on that node’s Node details page with more information on the node. Clicking the number of vulnerabilities for the node, brings you to the Vulnerabilities tab on the Node details page. From here, you can run tasks to remediate the vulnerabilities affecting the selected node.