Remediate high risk vulnerabilities
The Highest risk vulnerabilities chart on the Remediate dashboard gives you visibility of the most serious vulnerabilities affecting your system.
To remediate a high risk vulnerability:
- On the Remediate dashboard, click anywhere on the Highest risk vulnerabilities chart.
- On the Highest risk vulnerabilities page, select the vulnerability you want to remediate.
On the Vulnerability detail page, review the analysis
and remediation information that is displayed for the selected
- The Analysis section provides you with information on the nature of the vulnerability and the threat it poses.
- The Remediation section gives practical information on the remediation task you need to carry out to block the threat (where provided by your vulnerability scanner).
In the Nodes affected table, select the nodes to
which you want the remediation task to apply.
If Remediate does not have the credentials to apply a task to a node, it is not selectable in the Nodes affected table.
- Click Run Task and select the appropriate task type from the drop-down list.
- On the Configure task page, configure the task as required. Instructions on remediation for the selected vulnerability are visible on this page. Click Review Nodes when you are done.
- On the Review nodes page, ensure that all the nodes to which you want to apply the task are selected. When ready, click Select credentials.
- On the Select credentials page, select the credentials that allow you to run the task on the selected nodes, and click Review task summary.
On the Review and run task page, verify that the task
summary information is correct, and click Run
A confirmation message appears at the top of the page, confirming that the task type that is now running and how many nodes it affects..Note: The changes made by the task if successful will only be reflected here after your next security scan, so don’t worry if you see no updates at this point.