Puppet Forge is a collection of modules and how-to guides developed by Puppet and its community.
The Forge has existing modules and code examples that assist with automating the following use cases:
- Base system configuration
- Manage web servers
- Manage database systems
- Manage middleware/application systems
- Source control
- Patch management
- OS patching on Enterprise Linux, Debian, SLES, Ubuntu, Windows
- Package management
- Linux: Puppet integrates directly with native package managers
- Windows: Use Puppet to install software directly on Windows, or integrate with Chocolatey
- Containers and cloud native
- Secrets management
See each module’s README for installation, usage, and code examples.