The Windows module pack is a group of modules available on the Forge curated to help you complete common Windows tasks.
The Forge is an online community of Puppet modules submitted by Puppet and community members. The Forge makes it easier for you to manage Puppet and can save you time by using pre-written modules, rather than writing your own. In addition to being rated by the community, modules in the Forge can be Puppet Approved or Puppet Supported. The major difference is that Approved modules are not available for Puppet Enterprise support services, but are still tested and adhere to a standard for style and quality.
The Windows module pack includes several Windows compatible modules that help you complete common specific tasks. You can find more Windows modules by searching the Forge. While the module pack itself is not supported, the modules by Puppet contained in the pack are individually supported with PE. The rest have been reviewed and recommended by Puppet but are not eligible for commercial support.
The Windows module pack enables you to do the following:
- Read, create, and write registry keys with
- Interact with PowerShell through the Puppet DSL with
- Manage Windows
PowerShell DSC (Desired State
Configuration) resources using
- Reboot Windows as part of management
as necessary through
- Enforce fine-grained access control permissions using
- Manage Windows Server Update Service
configs on client nodes
- Install or remove Windows features
- Download files for use during management via
- Build IIS sites and virtual applications with
- Install packages with
- Manage environment variables with