Puppet Enterprise (PE) helps you be productive, agile, and collaborative while managing your IT infrastructure.
PE combines a model-driven approach with imperative task execution so you can effectively manage hybrid infrastructure across its entire lifecycle.
PE provides the common language that all teams in an IT organization can use to successfully adopt practices such as version control, code review, automated testing, continuous integration, and automated deployment.
|Helpful Puppet Enterprise docs links||Other useful places|
- Before you upgrade or install
- Release notes
- What's new, what's removed, what's resolved.
- System requirements - For hardware, software, browsers.
- System configuration - Set up the network, firewall, and ports.
What gets installed and where?
- Administer and maintain PE
- Configuring and tuning PE
- Improve performance and scale up.
- User permissions and roles - Manage access with role-based access control.
- SSL and certificates - Manage and regenerate security certificates.
- Backing up and restoring PE - Prepare for and recover from the worst case scenario.
- Learn the basics
- Getting started for Linux, for Windows - Walk through installing and doing basic operations with PE.
- Accessing the console - Find PE's management tools in the console.
- Inspecting your infrastructure - See what PE knows about your infrastructure.
- Manage your IT infrastructure
- Managing nodes - Use classification, groups, and environments to make changes to your infrastructure.
- Roles and profiles - Build a reliable, configurable, refactorable system for your infrastructure.
- Application orchestration - Create and manage multi-service and multi-node applications.
- Running jobs and tasks - Make controlled, on-demand changes.
- Managing and deploying Puppet code - Use Code Manager to stage, commit, and sync code changes to environments and modules
- API index - A list of links to documentation for PE and Puppet APIs
- PE docs in other languages
- Docs for open source projects
Puppet Development Kit
- Why and how people are using
Read recent blog posts about
PE product information
Download and try
Puppet Enterprise on 10 nodes for free
Learn at your own pace on a VM
Plan your skills-building path with our learning roadmap
Find an online, in-person or self-paced class
- Get support
Search the Support portal and knowledge base
Find out which
PE versions are supported, and for how long
Upgrade your support plan
- Share and contribute
Engage with the Puppet community
- Puppet Forge - Find modules you can use, and contribute modules you've made to the community
Open source projects from Puppet on Github
To send us feedback or let us know about a docs error, open a ticket (you'll need a Jira account) or email the docs team.