APIs allow you to interact with Puppet and Puppet Enterprise (PE) applications from your own code or application integration hooks.
Puppet Enterprise APIs
| RBAC service API v1 |
- Managing access to Puppet Enterprise.
- Connecting to external directories.
- Generating authentication tokens.
- Managing users, user roles, user groups, and user permissions.
| RBAC service API v2 |
- Revoking authentication tokens.
| Node classifier service API |
- Querying the groups that a node matches.
- Querying the classes, parameters, and variables that have been assigned to a node or group.
- Querying the environment that a node is in.
| Orchestrator API |
- Gathering details about the orchestrator jobs you run.
- Inspecting applications and applications instances in your Puppet environments.
Code Manager API
- Creating a webhook to trigger Code Manager.
- Queueing Puppet code deployments.
- Checking Code Manager and file sync status.
| Status API |
- Checking the health status of PE services.
| Activity service API |
- Querying PE service and user events logged by the activity service.
| Razor API |
- Provisioning bare-metal machines.
Open source Puppet Server, Puppet, PuppetDB, and Forge APIs
administrative API endpoints
- Deleting environment caches created by a Puppet master.
- Deleting the Puppet Server pool of JRuby instances.
|Server-specific Puppet API |
Getting the classes and parameter information that is associated with an environment, with cache support.
Getting information about what modules are installed in an environment.
Getting the contents of a specific version of a file in a specific environment.
| Puppet Server status API |
| Puppet Server metrics API |
| Puppet HTTP API |
- Retrieving a catalog for a node
- Accessing environment information
For information on how this API is used internally by Puppet, see Agent/Master HTTPs Communications page
| Certificate Authority (CA) API |
- Used internally by Puppet to manage agent certificates.
See Agent/Master HTTPs Communications for details. See Puppet's Commands page for information about the Puppet Cert command line tool.
| PuppetDB APIs |
- Querying the data that PuppetDB collects from Puppet
- Importing and exporting PuppetDB archives
- Changing the PuppetDB model of a population
- Querying information about the PuppetDB server
- Querying PuppetDB metrics
| Forge API |
- Finding information about modules and users on the Forge
- Writing scripts and tools that interact with the Forge website