puppet job show command to view running or completed orchestration jobs.
If you're running this command from a managed or non-managed Windows workstation, you must specify the full path to the command. For example,
c:\Program Files\Puppet Labs\Client\bin\puppet-task run.
Additionally, you can view a list of jobs or view the details of jobs that have previously run or are in progress from the Job details page in the PE console.
- To check the status of a running or completed job, use the following command:
puppet job show <job ID>
The command returns the following:
- The status of the job (running, completed, or failed).
- The start (and finish) time.
- The elapsed time or duration of the run.
- The user who ran the job.
- The environment the job ran in if you set the environment.
- The target specified for the job.
- Whether no-op mode was enforced.
- The number of nodes in the job.
- The job description, if set.
- To view a list of running and completed jobs, up to 50 maximum (the concurrency limit), ordered by timestamp, use the following command:
puppet job show