Puppet Discovery tasks are single, ad hoc actions that run on your target Linux and Windows hosts, enabling you to install a Puppet agent or manage system services.
rootaccount on each target host. See Secure Shell (SSH).
- On the menu bar, select Menu > , and then select the task:
Install Puppet agent on Linux.
Install Puppet agent on Windows.
Manage service on Linux.
Manage service on Windows.
- Enter the values for the task parameters (see below).
- Click Select hosts.
- Select the hosts to run the task on, and then click Select credentials.
- Select the credentials for accessing the hosts, and then click Review task summary.
- Review the tasks details, your credentials, the list of target hosts, and then click Run task. Tip: To view the status of the task run, click the Activity feed icon.
Install Puppet agent
Install a Puppet Enterprise agent to regularly pull configuration catalogs from a Puppet master, and apply them to your target Linux or Windows hosts. The agent maintains the host configuration you want.
cacert_contentparameter, the task fails, and you must enter a valid value for the task to run. An empty value is not accepted.
|The required hostname for the Puppet master. The FQDN must be fully resolvable by the node on which you're installing the agent.|
|The master CA certificate content (optional). If not specified, the master's identity is not verified during the agent installation.|
|The unique certificate name for the Puppet agent (optional).|
|The alternative DNS names for generating the agent certificate.|
|The custom attribute setting added to |
|The extension attribute setting added to |
Manage system service
Identify vulnerable packages and stop, start, or restart problematic services to simplify your resource management.
|The action to be applied to the service:|
|The name of the service.|