Install Puppet Discovery on a Linux machine.
Make sure you meet the system requirements for installing and running Puppet Discovery on Linux.
- Install and run Docker for your Linux distribution.
- Visit our downloads page and download the Puppet Discovery binary for Linux. Important: Create a directory in your home directory, and move the downloaded binary file to it.
- To make the binary executable, run this command:
chmod a+x ./puppet-discovery
- From the same directory as the binary file, run this command:
You are prompted to enter the location of your Puppet Discovery license.Note: If you have no license file, generate a trial license or retrieve the license generated by our sales team from Puppet License Manager.
- Enter the name and the location path of your license file.
- To agree to the terms and conditions described in the end user license, enter y.
- Set the admin password you'll use for logging into Puppet Discovery. CAUTION: Passwords can not be retrieved. Take a note of your password to ensure you do not lose your discovered infrastructure data. To change your password at any time, use theTo access Puppet Discovery on a local workstation, the URL is
./puppet-discovery config change-passwordcommand.
https://localhost:8443/, or port
8443on the host Puppet Discovery is installed on.
Log into Puppet Discovery with the password you just set, and start adding sources and credentials.