Puppet Discovery provides visibility into what's running on your entire ever-changing hybrid infrastructure, without the need to install an agent. Whether you need to catalog all your hosts, to improve your resource management to ensure it adheres to standards, or to locate vulnerable packages, Puppet Discovery provides you with the details and access to get it done.
|Helpful Puppet Discovery docs links||Other useful places|
- Before you upgrade or install
- Release notes - New features, resolved issues, and known issues.
- System requirements - Supported operating systems, browsers, hardware requirements, and system configuration.
- Architecture - Learn about how Discovery works.
- Install Discovery
- Installing - Install Discovery on Linux, macOS, or Windows.
- Offlline installing - Install Discovery on air-gapped machines.
- Getting started - Walk through using Puppet Discovery for the first time.
- Discover resources from multiple sources
- Adding sources - Discover hosts running on cloud and local networks.
- Adding credentials - Using SSH passwords, SSH private keys, or WinRM credentials, authenticate with discovered hosts to discover containers, and packages.
- Browse the dashboard to drill down, create filters, and gain insights about discovered hosts, containers, and packages.
- Run tasks on target hosts
- Stop or start system services, or if discovered hosts are missing packages or contain vulnerable packages, install, upgrade, or uninstall them.
- Run arbitrary shell commands on target hosts, or install a Puppet agent to manage discovered resources using Puppet Enterprise.
- Docs for related Puppet products
- Puppet Enterprise
- Why and how people are using Puppet Discovery
- Read recent blog posts
- Learn about the Puppet Discovery product
- Learn IT management automation skills
- Plan your skills-building path with our learning roadmap
- Find an online, in-person or self-paced class
- Get certified
- Get support
- Search the Support portal and knowledge base
- Share and contribute
- Engage with the Puppet community
- Open source projects from Puppet on Github