The nodes from all Puppet Enterprise (PE) instances integrated with a workspace are shown on that workspace's Nodes page. This page gives you a federated view of all the nodes that your workspace deploys code to.
Enabling the Nodes page
In order to display node data, the Nodes page query service
listens on port 8888. To make this port available to your Continuous Delivery for PE instance, upgrade to version 2.0.1 or later of the
If the port is not accessible (generally because the module has not yet been
upgraded), you'll see an
Unable to connect to the query
service on http://<cd4pehost>:8888>/query message in the web UI.
Using the Nodes page with SSL enabled
If you have enabled SSL for your Continuous Delivery for PE installation, you cannot view the Nodes page using an HTTP connection. Connect using HTTPS to reach the page.
Firefox users who have enabled SSL and are using a self-signed certificate must add the certificate to the Firefox trust store.
Customize your node table
The Nodes page shows a list of every node from every PE instance integrated with your workspace, along with basic information about each node. You can customize your page view to display node facts that are relevant to your work.
- Node nameNote: Click the node name to view all facts for the node and a list of all available PE reports for the node.
- Time since the node's most recent PE report was generated
- Node run status for the most recent Puppet run
- The PE server the node is associated with
- The value of the
- The value of the
- In the Continuous Delivery for PE web UI, click Nodes.
- Click Columns +/- to open the column selector.
- To add a new column, search for the fact value you wish to view and click Add. The fact value appears in the list of columns.
- To determine which columns are shown or hidden, use the checkmarks next to the list of columns to indicate which columns you want to display.
- When your column list is ready, click Apply. Your changes are reflected in the table.