The Continuous Delivery for Puppet Enterprise (PE) 3.x series is now available. When you're ready to upgrade from the 2.x series to the 3.x series, follow the directions on this page appropriate to your installation method.
- View Hiera changes in impact analysis reports
- Manage your pipelines as a YAML file
- Compose your own custom deployment policies
For a full list of new features, enhancements, and resolved issues, see the 3.x series release notes.
Upgrades from the 2.x series to the 3.x series are not automatic. Instead, you must upgrade your version of the software by following the appropriate instructions on this page.
Upgrade to 3.x by updating your
cd4pemodule or from the PE console, follow these instructions to upgrade to the 3.x series.
- In the PE console, click Classification.
- Expand the PE Infrastructure group, and select the Continuous Delivery for PE node group.
- Click Configuration.
- Under Class: cd4pe, in the Parameter field, select cd4pe_version. In the Value field, enter 3.x. Click Add parameter and commit your changes.
- To apply the new version, run Puppet on the node group. At the top of the page, click the Run selector and choose Puppet. On the Run Puppet page that opens, make any adjustments and click Run Job.
When the Puppet run is complete, your Continuous Delivery for PE instance will be running the 3.x series. You'll now automatically upgrade to new 3.x series versions as they are released. See the 3.x series release notes for the latest new features, fixes, and enhancements.
Upgrade to 3.x by updating your Docker image
- Update your container runtime of choice to use the following image:
docker pull puppet/continuous-delivery-for-puppet-enterprise:3.x
- Deploy the new Continuous Delivery for PE containers.
When the deployment is complete, your Continuous Delivery for PE instance will be running the 3.x series. You'll now automatically upgrade to new 3.x series versions as they are released. See the 3.x series release notes for the latest new features, fixes, and enhancements.