Use the manual deployment workflow to push a code change to a specified group of nodes on demand.
- In the Continuous Delivery for PE web UI, click Control Repos, then select the control repo you wish to deploy from.
- Click New Deployment .
- Select the branch on which you made the change you're going to deploy (master), the commit you want to deploy, and your Puppet Enterprise instance.
- Select the Puppet environment you wish to deploy the change to.
- Select a deployment policy. For purposes of this getting started guide, select Direct Deployment.
See Deployment policies to learn more about the deployment policies and how they work.
- Set termination conditions for this deployment, and choose the number of nodes that can fail before the deployment is stopped.
- Give the deployment a name, then click Deploy.
Monitor the progress of your deployment on the deployment details page that opens when you launch the deployment.