These are the new features, enhancements, known issues, and resolved issues for the Puppet Comply 1.x release series.
Released 3 December 2020
Features in this release:
- CIS scans. Check the compliance of your nodes against CIS Benchmarks. For a list of supported operating systems, see system requirements.
- Desired compliance. Set a default benchmark and profile that you want your scans to be measured against.
- Custom profiles. Customize profiles to specify which rules you want visible in scan reports.
- Compliance status.The Compliance dashboard shows the compliance status of your nodes based on the latest scan results.
- Node breakdown. The Node compliance page shows an individual node's compliance status.
- Rule breakdown. The Rules results page shows the status of a rule on each node that is checked, why the rule is important, and specific operating system steps you can take to fix a rule that is failing scans.
- Running scan tasks in Puppet Enterprise (PE). Comply uses PE tasks to run compliance scans on nodes. While you can see the scan task in PE, we advise against running them from here as it can have unforeseen effects on both PE and Comply. Instead, run all CIS scans from Comply. You can view the results of the scan in both products.