The Puppet integration service provides VMware vFabric™ Application Director™ customers with the productivity and agility benefits of software-defined infrastructure PORTLAND, OR – August 27, 2012 – Today at VMworld® 2012, Puppet Labs, the leading provider of IT automation software for system administrators, announced its integration solution for VMware vFabric™ Application Director™, a cloud-enabled application provisioning solution that simplifies how to create and standardize portable application deployment topologies across cloud services. Puppet Labs will demonstrate its new integration service in booth number 2323 at VMworld 2012 in the San Francisco Moscone Center. The Puppet integration service, which is currently available for download in the beta release of the VMware Cloud Application Management marketplace, enables VMware vFabric™ Application Director™ customers to use Puppet's configuration language to describe their infrastructure. The solution also gives users the option to leverage Puppet Forge modules as building blocks to create services for VMware vFabric™ Application Director™, further accelerating the deployment and management of applications on VMware-based clouds. "VMware vFabric Application Director is already a powerful solution for automating the provisioning of applications in hybrid cloud environments," said Ramin Sayar, vice president and general manager, Virtualization and Cloud Management, VMware. "With Puppet Labs' integration solution for the VMware vFabric Application Director, customers can deploy software-defined infrastructure much more rapidly and efficiently, and leverage their existing investment in Puppet modules." "The integration between Puppet Enterprise and VMware vFabric Application Director will be great for customers of both Puppet Labs and VMware," said Luke Kanies, founder and CEO of Puppet Labs. "Using Puppet's configuration language, VMware vFabric Application Director customers will be able to more easily and rapidly automate the provisioning, configuration and management of hybrid cloud applications." Key Capabilities
- Software-Defined Infrastructure. The Puppet integration with VMware vFabric™ Application Director™ enables system administrators to deploy software-defined infrastructure, empowering them to programmatically provision, configure, and manage servers, network devices, and storage, in the data center or in the cloud.
- Automated Provisioning. VMware vFabric™ Application Director™ takes a model-driven, open approach to simplifying and automating deployment topologies of multi-tier complex applications in hybrid clouds. With Puppet Labs' integration solution for the product, users can rapidly deploy reusable, standardized application configurations encapsulated in portable cloud application blueprints.
- Access to a Library of Configuration Solutions. The Puppet integration service for VMware vFabric™ Application Director™ provides users the option to leverage pre-existing modules from Puppet Forge as building blocks to automate the deployment of popular applications across public and private cloud environments.
- Follow Puppet Labs on Twitter @puppetlabs
- Access the Puppet Integration Service for VMware vFabric™ Application Director™ in the beta release of VMware Cloud Application Management marketplace
- See Puppet Labs onstage at VMworld 2012. The technical breakout session "Building Cloud-Ready Applications in Application Director Leveraging Puppet" takes place Monday, August 27 at 3:30 p.m. at Moscone West, Level 3, Room 3006
- Visit Puppet Labs’ booth #2323 at VMworld 2012 in the San Francisco Moscone Center
Pricing and AvailabilityThe Puppet integration service for VMware vFabric™ Application Director™ is immediately available for free download here. For pricing information on the VMware vFabric™ Application Director™, please visit the product page.
About Puppet LabsPuppet Labs, Inc.(www.puppetlabs.com) was founded in 2005 and shipped the first release of the open source Puppet Project later the same year. Puppet’s popularity has since grown to where it now is responsible for managing millions of nodes across thousands of companies and organizations, both on-premise and in the cloud, including Zynga, Citrix, Shopzilla, Match.com, Oracle/Sun, and other industry leaders. In 2011, Puppet Labs shipped its first commercial software product, Puppet Enterprise. Now numbering 100 employees and based in Portland, Oregon, Puppet Labs is backed by investors Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Google Ventures, VMware, Cisco, True Ventures, Radar Partners, and Emerson Street Partners. Puppet Labs and Puppet are trademarks of Puppet Labs Inc. All other company and product names mentioned are used only for identification purposes and may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
Media ContactJustin Dorff