Organized Evangelism: Speaking in Puppet
I know February is the shortest calendar month, but it seems to have passed faster than a bolt of lightning. Did you catch us at FOSDEM, SCALE9X, the LA Puppet User Group, the Austin Cloud User Group, or GeekAustin? Puppet evangelism is somewhat new. While we've always been out at conferences and user groups when we're in the area, the past two months represent an organized effort to start spreading the word about Puppet, configuration management, and DevOps. Ordered evangelism, or whatever you might want to refer to it as, is something we're looking to do more of. If you're hosting a conference and want a Puppet presentation e-mail us. If you want to talk about Puppet, post your presentation, and e-mail us if you'd be interested in traveling to a nearby conference to present. We want to help promote your presentation. Be sure to tweet about it @puppetlabs and use the #puppet hash to let the community know what you're up to. Here are some events you can catch us at in March:
- 3/5 - Chicago DevOps Puppet Hackathon. Co-Founder of Puppet Labs, Teyo Tyree, and core developer Jacob Helwig will be in attendance.
- 3/8 - Bay Area Puppet Users Group. Cody Herriges, Professional Services Engineer at Puppet Labs, is presenting on MCollective.
- 3/9 - NYC DevOps Group. Garrett Honeycutt, Professional Services Engineer at Puppet Labs, is presenting a two part talk on Configuration Management and Puppet. The NYC Puppet User Group is hosting their monthly meeting with the DevOps meeting, as it falls on the same night. Come meet the NYC Puppet User Group and join them next month for drinks and Puppet info exchange!
- 3/11 - Cascadia IT conference. Garrett Honeycutt is presenting.
- 3/16 - DevOps Atlanta. James Turnbull, Director of Operations, will be there.
- 3/22 - Purdue Linux Group. We'll be giving a presentation.
- 3/24 - Sydney DevOps Group. Nan Liu is presenting on the Puppet Ruby DSL.
- 3/25 - Indiana Linux Fest. Garrett Honeycutt is presenting.